The Backwards Compatible Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Chillblast
by wellbeingosteo Mon 18 Nov 2013, 10:06 pm

» GTA:O community game ideas
by AK Wed 09 Oct 2013, 10:47 pm

» The Grand Theft Auto V crew :)
by dazleady Fri 20 Sep 2013, 5:32 am

Keywords

what do you look for in a single player storyline?

3 posters

Go down

what do you look for in a single player storyline?  Empty what do you look for in a single player storyline?

Post by wellbeingosteo Mon 09 Sep 2013, 7:42 pm

Is it narrative, fun, training exercise for multiplayer?

We are looking for your thoughts on what you're looking for and the best/worst examples of a single player experience you have had in gaming.

This is going to be the topic for our next podcast and we will be using some of your ideas as the basis for the show.
We are also looking to bring on a community member for the recording which will be on a hangout live later this week. So if your interested please add your name.

Just to be clear about the process we usually record late evening UK time on a week day using Google plus.

Look forward to some great comments
wellbeingosteo
wellbeingosteo
Admin

http://www.backwardscompatible.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

what do you look for in a single player storyline?  Empty Re: what do you look for in a single player storyline?

Post by RedelmoX_X Tue 10 Sep 2013, 1:28 pm

A story for some games is sometimes not needed. Take battlefield (Early days) No story for Bf1942, Bf Vietnam, Bf2, Bf2142 and you had a general idea what was going on. Sometimes the story will also effect the game badly. Take Bf3 for example. I felt that the story was ehhh alright nothing amazing but i felt they worked on the story to be so ground breaking and so epic that it would compete with Cod. Same goes with COD, Now Cod's story has always been good, but now seems like its the same thing over and over. Russians this, WMD that.
Now with the other stuff i feel that the little things matter. Coop that lets you drop in and out of a game (Imagine last of us with coop?) Easter eggs are always nice.
And this is my own opinion.
Hmmmm i would be interested, but would have no idea what to do, and the time thing is an issue......But sounds real fun. Razz
RedelmoX_X
RedelmoX_X

Back to top Go down

what do you look for in a single player storyline?  Empty Re: what do you look for in a single player storyline?

Post by wellbeingosteo Wed 11 Sep 2013, 7:11 pm

RedelmoX_X wrote:A story for some games is sometimes not needed. Take battlefield (Early days) No story for Bf1942, Bf Vietnam, Bf2, Bf2142 and you had a general idea what was going on. Sometimes the story will also effect the game badly. Take Bf3 for example. I felt that the story was ehhh alright nothing amazing but i felt they worked on the story to be so ground breaking and so epic that it would compete with Cod. Same goes with COD, Now Cod's story has always been good, but now seems like its the same thing over and over. Russians this, WMD that.
Now with the other stuff i feel that the little things matter. Coop that lets you drop in and out of a game (Imagine last of us with coop?) Easter eggs are always nice.
And this is my own opinion.
Hmmmm i would be interested, but would have no idea what to do, and the time thing is an issue......But sounds real fun. Razz
What time zone are you in?
We can try to make something work.
wellbeingosteo
wellbeingosteo
Admin

http://www.backwardscompatible.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by AK Wed 11 Sep 2013, 7:26 pm

he is 5 hours behind being EST i think xD
AK
AK
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedelmoX_X Wed 11 Sep 2013, 11:11 pm

AK wrote:he is 5 hours behind being EST i think xD

Yea, I'm free all Monday, But knowing my school that could change.
RedelmoX_X
RedelmoX_X

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum